Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Week 4! September 11-17

Monday was a pretty chill day, I woke up really late, but at least I slept through the worst of the hurricane. When I did wake up, we didn't have power, my aunt says that we lost it about 3 am. We didn't have to worry about food going bad because we had coolers, and we had a ton of portable batteries that we charged up for the phones. I ended up taking a nap and reading some scriptures, not much else to do during a hurricane, and board games only entertain you for some many times of playing. Just as we finished making dinner, the power came back on, about 8 pm. We were some of the lucky ones who got power back the same day. My grandfather didn't get power until Friday, and I know of people who still don't have power. After we ate dinner and had power, everyone else in the family sat on the patio doing something, while I turned on the History channel and watched 102 Minutes that changed America, The history channel's showing about 9/11. I left that on and watched it until I fell asleep.

You can take the girl out of Vegas, but you can't take the
Vegas out of the girl



Tuesday was another "boring day" in the sense that there was no school and not many stores or restaurants were opened. We did know of one Chinese restaurant that was open so we all went there for lunch, which was nice because we didn't have to eat more sandwiches, which was all we ate because we did not have power.

The hurricane gave us an allegator 

Had lots of time for selfies 

I just picked him up and put him on the cat tree and he
just sort of fell asleep like that... 


Wednesday was SAMANTHA'S BIRTHDAY. So this week's shout-out is to her for being the coolest sister I have and my best friend. <3 My aunt also took me shopping... on Sam's birthday... I didn't get it. But a good portion of my clothes are still in Nevada so I needed some more. Got more flannels which is always a party, my kryptonite <3 After we finshed shopping, we went to Linner (lunch and dinner) down by the sea in Ponce Inlet. We ate lunch right next to the light house.
I woke up too early but it was just in time to meet the new crew
of the ISS on NASA TV (the only channel I care to memorize)

They made phone calls to their family

This sign fell during the hurricane

I actually like wearing yellow


Ponce Inlet Lighthouse

Thursday was the first day back to classes for a week. It was great to get back on campus and out of the house we had all been trapped in over the weekend. Durring lunch between classes my friend Olivia and I went to the Mall and got lunch then went back to the lobby in her dorm room to eat said lunch. Today was the first offical day in the labratory. we had our Orientation class but the Hurricane hindered our last class. We got to get all dressed up with a lab apron, goggles, and gloves... to play with water XD Haha, but we have to start some where right? It was still fun to just be there, we totaly nerded out and were talking about Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, and several other nerd based movies and of course we talked about comic books and the MCU. After my classes we drove down to Sanford airport, and picked up my cousin who I haven't seen for like 4 years!! So it was a party, we went out to Houligans to catch some dinner because her flight was through Dinner time.
Some stuff from home!

My family <3 <3 

Lookin Fly (get it, its an aviation school! HA)

Friday was a much longer day, due to the fact that there still aren't many places here with Gas, I didn't get to go home between classes. So I was on campus from 9:00-5:30. It was a good day though, I still spend most days wandering around alone. But I get to get all my homework down between classes. I found the library and chilled in there a bit while reading the school newspaper. I hung out with Olivia and Maura (Olivia's roommate) in the lobby in their dorm room and than we all went to chemistry together. It was quiz day, so it sucked XD But was over soon thankfully. I then went to Hot Topic, (of course) because... its Hot Topic. 'Nuff Said. They are having a lot of sales right now so I was checking those out. We I got home we all crashed early due to the fact that we were waking up early in the morning and going to Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom. Super Exciting!
Fav room #lab
Saturday we spent the whole day at Animal Kingdom starting with Expedition Everest which is the closest thing this place has too the Matterhorn bobsleds. We got a killer picture. After the ride slowed to a stop, Mariah goes "hey don't stop the Yeti is behind us" and my aunt was sitting behind her and of course I popped off with "Hey! Don't call Aunt Carrin names." And my aunt goes "no its ok, because people wait out in lines in the heat and pay money to see me" We had a good laugh. We next did Dinosaur, then worked our way over to the World Of Pandora. So we did the rapids, the Safari ride (I SAW A FREAKING GIRAFFE GUYS), The Festival of the Lion King. All the rides in the park really XD Brooks' are pros at Disney Parks, we are like free tour guides. We finally got to Pandora and guys... GO. TO. PANDORA. It is so freaking cool! It's a lot like Cars Land in the sense that it looks like it was pulled off the screen and plopped down in the park. We waited about an hour and a half, or just under to ride the Flight of Passage ride... you guys... it is the coolest freaking ride in all of Disney. If you are a theme park junky then this next part will make sense, if not... uhh just go with it. The basis of the ride is that you get "linked" to an Avatar that is already waiting on the back of a Banshee, when you link up you then get to take flight and soar Pandora on the back of a Banshee. The ride is like a mixture of Soarin' around the World, Star Tours, and the Hogwarts Castle ride in Universal Orlando. Its a 3-D motion ride but its very engaging. I would wait two hours to ride it. Which says something because most rides I won't wait more than 30 minutes to ride. Soooo Worth it. When the park closed we got home and Dropped papa off and then when to Applebees for dinner. Then, once we got home, we crashed HARD.
Got soaked on the Rapids

I haven't had one of these since was a small child <3
(It is ice cream in the shape of Mickey, all arguements are invalid)

Hippos

Wild Dogs (not hyenas)

Baby Giraffe <3

9 ft tall, about a year old... that's some growth

Zebras

Ein Elephant



Flamingos

Simba

Selfie with the king lion

OK so this is a weird Pandora drink its frozen, apple,
pear, and pinapple, and then topped with these little ball things that
are full of Passion fruit juice. Mom you would like it, its a lot
like your frozen apple thing in Toontown




Sunday was a rough day, Still haven't technically been to church, I got up and dressed and ready to go and when I got down to the church, It had been cancelled and everyone was doing helping hands around that area. I asked and got assigned to a group and then went on a wild goose chase trying to find them. I eventually had to give up because my phone was at 2%. Sadly I went home. When I got back we met up with Papa, Pam, and Steve for lunch in Flagler Beach. When we finished there we took Pam to Bass Pro Shops so she could exchange something she had bought. When we got home from that Mariah and I drove down to the Daytona Pier and walked the shops. I found a place that sells Chacos <3 and then we bought some matching anklets. When we got home, I went to bed after taking a Meltonin (natural sleepaid). It was a pretty eventful week if I say so myself.
Flagler Beach

It was really soft ok?!

Daytona Beach Pier

CHACOOOS <3

No comments:

Post a Comment