Party Time! So Monday was legit y'all! First day of classes! I have some pretty legit, fun teachers. I stayed on campus for the first two classes, Calculus and then Comunications, then went home and got some Taco Bell with my aunt, cleaned house a bit and became a productive human before going back to my third class for the day, which is Chemistry for Engineers. I found the bookstore and will hopefully be getting my books this week so yay! I might honestly get most of my books from Amazon. Guys seriously, Pro Tip from my Professors, when you are going to college or college level classes, check Amazon for books. I could buy my Chem book for $125 from the campus book store, used, or buy it from Amazon for $30. Seems like a no brainer to me.
 |
| First Day of School! |
Tuesday was a more mellow day on campus, I went to my Calculus class and then chilled on campus and tried to find the Finacial Aid office before going to my EP 101, which is my Space Events class. Oh my gosh you guys, it is the greatest class. It's more dicussion based than the others and is super fun and engaging. We were broken up into groups and we did some discussions for "get to know you" things. All the people in my group were girls, minus one guy. All the girls in my group were in the Astronomy and Astrophysics program. The one guy was in Engineering physics. (Side note, it has become a joke on campus about the Astronomy and Astrophyiscs majors that we are all crazy and addicted to being "high" because our abriviation is "AA" so the joke is that because we enjoy studying deep space, which is really far out there and has a "high" altitude, we have little "AA" meetings. XD So funny!) After that class was done at noon, I went home and Carrin and I did some grocery shopping and when we dropped off the groceries, we picked up Hiaden, the kitten, and took him to his Vet appiontment. He does not fully enjoy car rides XD but once he settles down, hes fine and playful and still tries to eat my arm and feet. We spent the rest of the day just chillin, we ate dinner and watch
Guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 before I called my fam and went to bed.
 |
| Just some doodles from waiting for classes to start. |
 |
| Hiaden, The Kitten (aka stink butt) |
 |
| Charly, the slightly bigger kitten (aka fatty fatty) |
Wednesday was a terrible day. I woke up and left for classes, traffic was awful, I even left an hour early. I got to the school and parking was terrible, I finally found a spot after driving around for 20-25 minutes and I basically ran to my first class and made it just in time. After that class, I realized that my student ID was still sitting on my dresser, for some reason I thought it was a good idea to go get it instead of asking my aunt if she could bring it to me. I left and got it, by the time I got back parking was even worse and I had to park across the street at the gym. I was about 15 minutes late for my Communications class but I explained the situation and my teacher was kind and understanding. So I had a little over a half hour before my next class and I had not eaten anything all day, Subway is less than a mile away. Let's go get lunch, (I very hangry and needed to eat) So I get to subway and there are two lady's, moving like slugs. See, people in Florida drive like they are running from a dinosaur, but off the road, they move like beach bums XD it's annoying XD So, I finally get my sandwich and I rush back to the school and parking is EVEN WORSE!!!!! LIKE HOW?!?! I parked even farther down from the gym, run to my EGR 115 class, and I'm late. The teacher is upset and like "it's fine for the first day of class but don't make it a habit" and I'm like "dude, this never happens, I'm like always early or at least on time." After that class, I just sat in the cafeteria and finally ate my subway. I felt a bit better, also a bit bitter XD I then went to my Chemistry class, which was great, I got to sit by my like only friend which was a great stress reliever and a way to get my mind off the day a bit. After that class, I had a tryout meeting for atheltics (I'll keep you updated on that) and then, I got out of there XD I went to walmart and bought a little birthday cake and some fuzzy pajamas for my aunt, because it was her birthday! :D So that was nice, when I got home she was out with other family so I just teased the cats and worked on my computer a bit, I ordered all my school books from Amazon for $80 and that's including paying for faster shipping. It's great to be a cheap person XD I watched some NASA TV which was nice, just got to watch Earth rotate in silence for several minutes. It was a great reminder that there will be bad days (which I was well aware of) but a reminder of why I love astronomy and the whole reason I'm here. After sitting in silence for a bit I changed the station and The Force Awakens was one, HECK YEAH so I sat up and watched that till my aunt got home, She got home as the movie was ending so we sat up and ate some cake and finished the movie, it was a great way to end such a rough day.





Thursday was much better! I got more sleep and ate right away so as to avoid the hangry monster in me. Classes weren't half bad. Nothing much happened at school (I caved and I bought the ERAU cliche shirt that says "I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning"), but after classes were done, my Aunt and I went to Disney World and Picked up my Aunt Krista and Uncle Shawn. We got home super late at like 2 am so I crashed fast.
 |
This Kid wrote out the first ton of numbers of Pi on the whiteboard in class XD
And he drew a "tap dancing ghost" |
 |
| Tram Ride into Hollywood studios |
 |
| Star Tours! |
 |
| Rock'n'Roller Coaster |
 |
| THE TOWER LIVES |
 |
| So Beautiful <3 <3 |
 |
I'm in the back second to the right, I made a heart for my Dad for the picture <3
Thought of you the whole ride Vater ;P |
HA Classic
Friday was a chill day. I went to classes and I turned in the paper work needed for Tryouts. YAY When I got home from classes I had packages, Some of my school books came in BUT so did MY MAGICBAND FOR DISNEY WORLD I was happy, I have a new pink thing so yay XD now I get to buy some charms and bedazzle it Disney style. Another surprise I got, I got to talk to Brian (basically my brother) It was SOOOO good to be able to talk to someone in a similar boat as myself. He's also one of the only members of the church where he is and doesn't have many friends. So it was so great to talk to him again for a few days.
 |
| "DisNerd" |
 |
| Annual Passholder |
 |
| Parts of my convo with Brian XD He's so great, he's on this level |
Saturday was nice, We went to the beach and collected seashells. and that was about it XD
 |
I got an updated picture of my buddy Stitch <3
I miss him so much 😔😔 |
Sunday was pretty cool too! We went to Kennedy Space Center and got to go see Atlantis, the Saturn V rocket, the moon rock, a whole bunch of other spacey stuff. We walked through the memorial hall for the fallen Astronauts of Challenger and Columbia. Powerful stuff you guys.
 |
| Original Countdown Clock |
 |
| "The Rocket Garden" |
 |
| Selfie with my girl |
 |
| The actualy prototype for the Space Shuttle |
 |
| "oh mah gersh I'm standing under a shuttle, hope it doesn't fall on me" |
 |
| Hubble Space Telescope prototype to scale |
 |
| A peice of the wing of the Challenger |
 |
The control windows from the Columbia
(it's erie because there were actually people behind those windows)
</3 |
 |
| James Webb telescope set to launch in 2018 <3 |
 |
FYI this was my favorite snapchat filter for the day |
 |
| The VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) |
 |
This is the crawler they will be using to move the SLS (Space Launch System)
for the Rocket that will take us to Mars and Beyond
(btw its freaking huge and it isn't finished) |
 |
| Saturn V rocket used for the Apollo missions |
 |
| It's giant |
 |
| My failed attempt at a cool, fast selfie with the Saturn V rocket |
 |
| Lunar Rover |
 |
| Selfie with the Lunar Capsule that Carried Neil and his buddies to the moons surface |
 |
| Moon Rock |
 |
| My cool new shades |
 |
| Big shoes to fill here |
So that was week two, it was insanly rough and tough but I had a few more people from Nevada to help my stay sane. this weeks shout outs go to my Family (mom, dad, and Mammy Munster (Samantha)) and Quincy Hughes. Y'all are the best. I'll update next week! See ya
No comments:
Post a Comment